Saturday, July 31, 2010

Beggars of Today ...

A man walks past a beggar daily and gives him USD $10 every day for a year.
Then suddenly the daily donation changes to USD $. 7.50
"Well," the beggar thinks, "it's still better than nothing."

A year passes, until the man's daily donation suddenly reduces to USD $. 5.00
"What's going on now?" the beggar asks his donor.

"First you give me USD $ 10 for a year, then USD $ 7,50 for the next year …
and now only USD $. 5.00! What's the problem?"
Man: "Well, last year my eldest son went to university, so I had to cut costs, It's expensive.
Beggar: Ok!
Man: This year my daughter also went to university, so I had to cut my expenses even further."
Beggar: So, how many children do you have?
Man: "Four."
Beggar: "Well, I hope you don't plan to educate them all at my expense."

No comments: